Unicorn Projects provide services for people with learning disabilities and associated mental health problems. All our service users Unicorn are encouraged to be independent, are treated individually and are facilitated to make their own decisions and choices.
Our philosophy is that all service users whatever their abilities are given the opportunity to lead as near to full and normal lives as possible and are able to do so in a peaceful, happy and secure environment. Because of mixed abilities particular emphasis is placed on promoting independence and helping each service user to fulfill their own potential. Within our care homes Residents are enabled to make decisions about what will happen in their home through regular residents meetings. It is at these meetings that residents are given an opportunity to make decisions for change.
The rooms are traditionally decorated, spacious and allow for service users to personalise their own space. Comfort is central to the planning of our care homes. When space has to be adapted to take into account individual needs, we do so within health and safety guidelines, however, our aim is to prevent any form of institutionalisation entering the home environment.
Unicorn staff and management will support service users to:-
• Lead a full and independent life
• To feel secure through support from professional staff.
• Be respected.
• Have spiritual needs met.
• To have opportunities to engage with the local community.
• To be treated equally.
• To have private space to discuss personal matters.
• Confidentiality of all personal, financial and medical records.
• Confidentiality according to Data Protection
• To have a mixed diet that will promote a healthy lifestyle.
• To be myself and express myself through chosen lifestyle.
• To build and maintain relationship